The Rave Foundation announces its call for applications for 2014. This funding structure contributes to practical further education in realizing and arranging fine art exhibitions. It therefore awards scholarships to young curators, restorers, museum technicians and cultural managers from transformation and developing countries who have arranged a guest period, a practical training or non-paid work at a museum, at a non-commercial gallery or at a non-commercial cultural institution in Germany.
The Rave Scholarship is a working scholarship and requires the holder’s presence.
It includes the following payments:
- a monthly lump sum of 1,300 € for a scholarship period of three to six months
- travelling expenses (to and from Germany)
- monthly supplement of 250 € for attendance of the spouse
- monthly children’s supplement of 50 € per child
- health insurance (also for spouse and children)
- German course up to 500 €
Scholarships will be awarded to applicants
- who come from a transformation or developing country and are still living there.
- who did not have the opportunity yet to come for a longer stay or did not have further training or working stay in Germany.
- who finished their professional training not longer than five years ago and are not yet over 40. Those still studying or training at the time of application will not be considered for selection.
- who have found a non-commercial partner institution in Germany that has agreed to joint project, and developed together (German institution and applicant) a project sketch.
- who can provide a positive statement from their own country (reference).
Knowledge of one of the three languages German, English or French is a requirement.
The application should be accompanied by
- a fully completed application form
- a CV (3 pages max.), including educational qualifications
- a project sketch (1 or 2 pages) developed together with the non-commercial German institution – informing about tasks and responsibilities of the planned scholarship to Germany
- an invitation letter from the non-commercial German institution for the planned scholarship period in Germany
- a letter of reference from the home country
- an abridged report (2 pages max.) on the current art scene in the home country
The application date is 15 September each year. Selections will be made within 3 months.
Applications are submitted to the
c/o Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen
For further information please visit: www.ifa.de