Central Saint Martins, London, United Kingdom 28 Jul 2014
MRes Art @ CSM, 2014. Digital photograph. Image courtesy of Central Saint Martins.
MRes Art is a Masters course with three pathways. Each provides a unique opportunity for artists, curators and writers to specialise in key emerging disciplines in contemporary art: the history and theory of contemporary exhibition practice, artists’ moving image, or art theory and philosophy.
The programme offers
– Six Trask Bursaries of 2,000 GBP*
– Unique links with professional organisations: Afterall (the research and publishing organisation responsible for Afterall journal and Afterall Books); LUX (the London-based agency for artists’ moving image); the Centre for Research in Modern European Philosophy, Kingston University; and the independent publisher Publish and Be Damned
– Teaching by leading experts in their fields
– Instruction in research skills and methods essential for pursuing research at MPhil and PhD levels, as well as other professional contexts
– Unrivalled access to London’s galleries, museums and leading practitioners
– The flexibility to pursue professional work and your practice alongside your studies
– A highly supportive learning environment
– Full accreditation (180 credits) as recognised by universities throughout Europe
– Vice-Chancellor scholarships (for entry 2015)
* As advertised in 2013/14. For full information visit www.arts.ac.uk and use the Course Finder to search for “Trask.”
The course forms part of Central Saint Martins’ postgraduate programme, which also includes MA Fine Art, MA Art and Science and MA Photography. You will join a community that places a high value on cross-disciplinary exchange, enriched by encounters with researchers, artists, curators and writers.
MRes Art: Exhibition Studies MRes Art: Exhibition Studies is a leading postgraduate course that rewrites the history of contemporary art through key developments in the exhibition form. Delivered in collaboration with Afterall, the art research and publishing organisation based at CSM.
MRes Art: Moving Image
The first of its kind, this postgraduate course develops new discourses in one of the fastest growing visual arts contexts, artists’ moving image. Founded on strong links with LUX, the leading UK agency supporting practice in this field.
MRes Art: Theory and Philosophy
MRes Art: Theory and Philosophy promotes dialogue amongst practitioners and theorists about art discourse today. Highly relevant for both artists and writers, this postgraduate course theorises art from a contemporary perspective, embracing ideas from continental philosophy and the Marxist intellectual tradition, as well as psychoanalytic and gender theories. The course is a platform for public events and symposia in art and philosophy.
For full course information visit www.arts.ac.uk and use the Course Finder to search for “MRes Art.”
Central Saint Martins
1 Granary Square