The HES-SO Genève for the HEAD – Genève is currently advertising the position of a: ARTISTIC/SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH COORDINATOR, FNS (50%)
Duration of the contract begins with one year, renewable, cl. max. 18.
We invite applications for the position of Scientific/artistic Collaborator (50%) for the research project entitled “Decolonizing Socialism: Entangled Internationalism. An Intersectional Study of Cold War Projects from East Germany in Architecture, Cinema and Cybernetics with Relevance to the 21st Century,” (DECOSO) funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation, for the period of September 2022 to the end of the SNF-funded position in 2024. The scientific/artistic collaborator will support and coordinate ongoing research activities as well as public interventions, including scientific/artistic exchange, collaboration and the preparations of the project’s concluding research exhibition (2024) at the State Collections of Art in Dresden (DE) with partners currently in Ghana, the Netherlands, and Switzerland. We are particularly inviting applications from artists, curators and/or researchers with experience in practice- based research processes / project coordination in visual cultures or similar fields with awareness of the anti-colonial movements, anti-fascist actions and solidarity initiatives of the global Cold War period, as well as the contemporary debates of this period on technology, science, philosophy, and art. A series of case studies aim to develop decolonial methodologies for rethinking the ‘Global East’ in conversation with the ‘Global South’ through art-related practices as condition for techno-political friendships. www.entangledinternationalism.org The research team includes the Principal Investigator, Doctoral Researcher as part of the SNFS- funded PhD-position in collaboration with Urban Studies of University of Basel, an international advisory board and a grown research community.
Main points of the position:
- The successful applicant will be responsible for managing the project, in close exchange with the Principal Investigator, in its second stage of funding towards conclusion that includes the preparations of a CFP-conference and exhibition in cooperation with the State Collections of Art in Dresden
- They/she/he will have the technical skills to work with digital as well as computational tools to archive the research-data with standard storage spaces as well as with our data-management partner DaSch.Swiss
- They/she/he will be asked to conduct interviews and/or monitor the editing of audio-video recordings of Oral History for public knowledge transfer, including the coordination of translations.
- They/she/he will have excellent communicative skills to support the exchange between l’Institut en art et design (l’IRAD) at HEAD Genève as administrative location of the SNF- funded project, the State Collections of Art in Dresden as main institutional partner and further individual, collective or museum collaborators.
- Artist/curator/researcher with Master’s degree in art Practices, Visual Cultures, Black Studies, History of Science, Computer Studies, Film Studies, Curatorial Studies, Art History, Political Studies (or six years’ experience in one of these fields).
- At least 5 years experiences in one of these fields.
- Experiences beyond assistance level in managing an international practice-based research
project in the art / academia
- Knowledge about methodologies for potential and minor histories, Marxism, East-South
geopolitics, and critical bent towards digital archival politics; an active research interest in
the field is a plus.
- Skills in digital work (archiving, content-management, data-management, relational database, etc.)
- Skills with video conferencing and broadcasting platforms, Adobe suite, Windows and Macintosh
- Experience in website management, electronic user and role management, cybernetic aesthetics
- Experience in filming / editing text, sound and image is a plus.
- Experience in working with contemporary artists and/or within art institutions situated and
- Organizational skills, reliability, social intelligence and transcultural competence.
- Strong communication skills.
- Language skills: English (speaking, reading, writing); German (speaking, reading) French
will be great.
Main features of the position :
- The function class for the position of Scientific/Artistic Collaborator HES is of class 18
- End of the position FNS: Summer 2024
- Location(s): l’IRAD at HEAD Genève and/or Research Department at State Collections of Art in Dresden
Applications must include a motivation letter, a CV, a list of publications and/or a portfolio as well as the names and contact details of two referees.Complete applications must be sent in electronic format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline : 15 June 2022
Online Interviews : 4 July 2022
Start : 1 September 2022 (negotiable)
The HES-SO Geneva / HEAD – Geneva adopts a recruitment policy for equal opportunities and diversity. Applications by QTPOC candidates expressly welcome.
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Doreen Mende, Principal Investigator of the project: email@example.com