RAW Material Company, Dakar, Senegal Deadline: 15 August 2016
RAW Material Company ’s residency programme started in 2011 and welcomed more than 25 artists, writers, researchers, curators, etc. from various nationalities, in Dakar. The residency programme is open to visual artists interested in any medium, to writers, musicians, filmmakers, architects, curators, researchers or student researchers.
The residency space of RAW Material Company offers 5 accommodations, as well as working and production spaces. Its spaces are located in two venues, in the districts of Amitié 2 and Zone B. Dakar city centre is accessible in a few minutes, by transports, from the two spaces.
Application opens from 15th July to 15th August 2016 for a residency that would take place between 15th January and 15th March 2017. Five residents will be selected. The exact duration of the residency will be decided through discussions with the team of RAW Material Company. Koyo Kouoh, artistic director and founder of RAW Material Company, is responsible for the selection of the residents.
Applications received before 15th July 2016 or after 15th August 2016 will not be considered for review.
1. Be present in Dakar for a minimum of 4weeks
2. Be a graduate of an art school, curatorial programme or any department of humanities
3. Have at least a conversational knowledge of French
4. Be able to cover the costs for travel, visa, insurance, living and residency
DIRECTIONS FOR COMPLETING THIS APPLICATION Please complete the following sections to the best of your ability. Once your completed application is received, it will be reviewed and only selected applicants will be notified of your status in the application process Before filling out the application, please read over the entirety of the form to prepare all the necessary documents. You will need to upload:
1. A cover letter
2. A project description
3. A full resume and a short bio
4. A headshot in high resolution
WHAT YOU GET
– airport pick-up and transfer
– 1 individual bedroom
– 1 bathroom shared with 1 fellow resident
– 1 studio (20-30m2)
– permanent coordination and orientation of your project
– access to the intellectutal and artistic scene
– research and production assistance
– library specialiazed in contemporary art
– 1 public talk on your work during the time of your residency
– full WI-FI coverage in all working and living areas