Nairobi Contemporary Art Institute (NCAI) is looking for a curator to join the team full time. The curator will work closely with the team to plan and execute 4 exhibitions a year at NCAIs gallery space.
– Educated to degree level or equivalent.
– based in Nairobi
– 3-5 years’ proven track record of leading curatorial projects and commissioning new work
– Knowledge of contemporary arts and curatorial practices, with a strong interest in local and international artists
– Experience of working directly with artists, supporting them in the development of their research or the creation of new work
– Experience of working in collaboration with peers and institutions
– A proven track record of fundraising
– Experience of setting and monitoring budgets
– Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
– Excellent ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritise within a busy working environment
– Strong ability to build team-spirit in the work place
– Confident working independently but also as part of a small team
We accept digital applications only. Please send all applications to email@example.com
Your application should include the following in ONE PDF file only:
1. CV with name, contact address, e-mail and telephone numbers if available,
2. One page A4 cover letter outlining why you are suitable for the post
Deadline for applications: Monday 14 February 2022,5pm EAT
NCAI is committed to equal opportunities in recruitment and employment. As we are a small organisation with limited resources we cannot respond to all applicants. If you have not heard by 5pm EAT on Monday 2nd March please assume you have not been shortlisted.