30 Jun 2015
Koyo Kouoh, director of Raw Material Company, Dakar, and curatorial advisor to Documenta 12 & 13, is the newly appointed chief-curator of the 7th edition of the Celeste Prize.
Together with jury of art critics and curators she will create the common ground to show the best emerging and mid-career artists worldwide. Be part of this process by joining Celeste Prize and use the platform as a cultural instrument to investigate with your work the key issues which matter to you.
The deadline to enter a project or a single work is 30th June 2015.
20,000 € PRIZES:
Project Prize 4,000 €
Painting & Drawings Prize 4,000 €
Photography & Digital Graphics Prize 4,000 €
Video & Animation Prize 4,000 €
Installation, Sculpture & Performance Prize 4,000 €
Celeste Prize has moved on from exhibition and residency benefits (which still continue this year), and has added a series of enviable benefits, which include putting you in direct contact with all our past curators, dedicated articles, personalised videos, whirlwind global communications, and boosted online exposure in Celeste Network.
Find here full details on benefits, prizes, who is involved and how to enter
Koyo Kouoh is being supported in her search for exciting work which challenges visual and interpretative boundries by a carefully chosen jury of international art curators and critics:
JURY – chief-curator, Koyo Kouoh, director of Raw Material Company, Dakar
– Jörg Bader, director, Centre de la photographie, Geneva
– Eva Barois De Caevel, independent curator, Paris
– Lucrezia Crippitelli, independent curator, Brussels
– Miguel Lopez, independent curator, Vienna & Lima
– Nicola Müllerschön, director, arts and culture foundation KfW Stiftung, Frankfurt
– Aida Muluneh, founder, Addis Foto Fest, Addis Abba
– Tobias Ostrander, chief-curator, Pérez Art Museum, Miami
– Rasha Salti, curator, Toronto International Film Festival, New York & Beirut
– Gloria Sensi, independent curator, Paris
– Gaia Tedone, independent curator, London
– David Teh, director of Future Perfect, Singapore
50 € Single work
90 € Project (up to 10 works)
To join the prize sign into your account:
For any questions about the prize, participation or where it’s going contact the Celeste team: