NRW State Office for the Independent Performing Arts, Germany Deadline: 04 October 2022
NRW Landesbüro Freie Darstellende Künste e.V
The NRW Landesbüro Freie Darstellende Künste e.V. (North Rhine-Westphalia State Office for the Independent Performing Arts) has decided to offer funding from the Ministry of Culture and Science of the State of North Rhine- Westphalia to promote professional freelance artists in NRW who have come to Germany as a result of the war in Ukraine.
– all forms of freelance/fringe/independent theatre, dance and performance work – both analogue and digital.
– Formats and contents of urban dance and theatre art.
– Projects which structurally integrate the respective artists into new or existing artistic works (e.g. directing or co directing, dramaturgy, performing).
– Formats for meetings and discussions in so far as they feature artistic themes and networking between artists.
– Artistic dance and theatre workshop formats with and/or by the relevant professional artists.
– as well as open-ended, process-oriented work.
Prerequisites for Funding:
Applicants must have their place of business or residence and sphere of activity in North Rhine-Westphalia. We strongly recommend getting previous advice from the NRW Landesbüro Freie Darstellende Künste.
Who is Eligible to Apply:
The Focus Ukrainian Artists funding programme is aimed at
– freelance artists and actors in the professional dance and theatre scene.
– actors, initiatives, clubs/societies, individual persons who are working as professional artists.
– artists who are at the start of their professional life.
It is recommended to take the advice they offer before making your application and to participate in the NRW Landesbüro information events that complement the funding programme.
The following are eligible to apply
– artists who have come to Germany as a result of the war in Ukraine
– Actors, artists, theatres, performance sites, production centres etc. that can bind the above-mentionend artists
into their work, that enable mutual encounters and, if appropriate, open up further perspectives.
Implementation Period / Project Duration:
The project may be launched as soon as the application has been submitted. As a rule the project must be completed and accounted for by 30.06.2023.
– After submitting the application, the applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt.
– After a formal review, the application will be submitted to an expert artistic jury.
– The jury meeting is scheduled for early November.
– After the jury meeting, the applicants will receive a letter of acceptance or rejection.
– The projects recommended for funding by the jury will receive a funding contract.
Level of Funding:
Projects can be funded to a maximum of 8,000 euros. Where possible, project costs should include a personal share of 10% of the total eligible expenditure. Funds from other donors may be contributed to the projects. A combination with other funds from the state of North Rhine-Westphalia must be agreed on a case-by-case basis.
The application form, the Expenditure and Financing Plan form and possible attachments must be submitted in digital form by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 04.10.2022 (23:59) and with an original signature by post to the:
NRW Landesbüro Freie Darstellende Künste e.V. Focus Ukrainian Artists
Deutsche Straße 10