On occasion of the 11th Biennale of Contemporary African Art – DAK’ART, AfricAvenir is arranging a study and encounter trip to Dakar, Senegal from May 4 to 17, 2014.
Not alone the diverse exhibitions during the art biennale will provide opportunities for encounter. Already for the third time, AfricAvenir facilitates getting to know the West-African country’s art, culture, history and social trends in meetings with Senegalese artists, politicians and scholars, during museum visits as well as guided city walks and concerts.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: 31 January 2014
The costs for the trip will amount to a maximum of € 1.600 per person (with 8 participants) and, depending on participation, can be reduced to a minimum of € 1.210 (with 15 participants).
- Travel documents
- Airport transfer in Dakar on May 4 and 17
- Accommodation in a single room in a guesthouse in the centre of Dakar
- Full board from May 4-17
- German speaking tour guide on site
- Translation of the official encounter programme on site
- Airfare Berlin – Dakar (600-700 euros)
- Individual cultural fringe events such as concerts etc. – since experience has shown that the extent to which participants engage in these varies greatly. The AfricAvenir team will provide numerous suggestions on site.
- Individual foreign travel health insurance
- Vaccinations, if necessary
- € 50 visa fees
For organisational reasons the trip will only take place if at least 8 persons take part. In the week after 1 February, 2014 we will announce if the trip can be realised.
For further information on the study trip as well as the detailed programme and the registration form, please see the attachment or http://www.africavenir.org/de/news-archiv/newsdetails/datum/2013/11/11/studien-und-begegnungsreise-nach-dakar-senegal-vom-4-17-mai-2014-anlaesslich-der-11-dakart.html
Contact: email@example.com and 030-26934764.