SCHIRN KUNSTHALLE FRANKFURT is offering by now the position of an online editor for the SCHIRN MAGAZIN on a full-time basis.
SCHIRN is one of the most renowned exhibition venues in Europe. Its focus is on art- and culture-historical themes, discourse and trends from a contemporary perspective. SCHIRN’s programme is multifaceted, international and progressive; it attempts to open up new points of view and stimulate discussion. Its exhibitions are devoted in equal measure to contemporary stances in art and art of the modern era.
• Strategic development, conception and editing of the online content in text, image and sound for the SCHIRN MAG in German and English language
• Development of new formats, such as podcast series, expert interviews, etc.
• Planning and research of thematic focus topics, based on the exhibition program of the SCHIRN
• Commissioning and managing external authors and translators as well as expanding and maintaining contacts in this area
• Writing and editing of texts, editorial maintenance in the content management system, quality assurance
• Image research and rights clearance
• Distribution of MAG content on the social media channels as well as community management in close coordination with the communication departments, monitoring
• Budget controlling and responsibility in consultation with the Head of Press/PR
• Degree in art history, communication studies, journalism or related humanities/social sciences or comparable qualification
• Passion for and networking in the contemporary art and culture scene
• Conceptual strength and brand awareness
• Trend awareness, a sense for topics and target group-oriented preparation
• Above-average visual, verbal and textual skills
• Very good language skills in German and in English, both written and spoken, preferably also in other foreign languages (according to the European Framework of Reference for Languages level B2 to C1)
• Confident use of content management systems and social media
• Experience in image, audio and video editing is an advantage
• Ability to work in a team, strong communication skills and organizational skills as well as high motivation, initiative and goal-oriented work
• Creative work environment with an open communication structure
• Flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes
• Temporary (2 years) full-time employment
• Additional benefits such as Jobticket and occupational pension insurance
SCHIRN appreciates diversity and welcome all applications irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion/ideology, disability, age or sexual orientation and identity.
Please send your informative application documents with an indication of the earliest possible starting date by email to:
SCHIRN KUNSTHALLE FRANKFURT
60311 FRANKFURT AM MAIN
They ask for your understanding that they are unable to return paper applications.