Goethe-Institut South Africa seeks a Public Relations Coordinator & Online Editor
Goethe-Institut South Africa, Johannesbrug, South Africa 08 May 2015
The Communications Department of the Goethe-Institut South Africa is seeking candidates for the position of Public Relations Coordinator & Online Editor to start as soon as possible.
The Goethe-Institut e.V. is the worldwide operating cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany. It promotes the knowledge of the German language outside Germany and cultivate international cultural cooperation. Furthermore it conveys a broad and up-to-date image of Germany by informing about cultural, social and political life in Germany.
– Supporting the Public Relations Officer in promoting the Goethe-Institut’s language courses and cultural events
– Conceptualising, editing and maintaining the website and newsletter
– Editorial work and translations
– Collaborating with service providers
– Evaluating public relations activities and media monitoring
– Relevant work experience in journalism and/or Public Relations & Marketing
– Excellent English and German language skills
– Experience in using Content Management Systems
– Good writing style, proficient editing and proofreading skills in German and
– Knowledge of South African cultural and media landscapes
– Resilience, working independently and within a multi-cultural team
– Excellent communication skills
– Work permit for South Africa
This is a full time position. Remuneration is in line with the Goethe-Institut’s regulations for local staff in Johannesburg.