The Bag Factory invites young South African artists to apply for the 2013 David Koloane Mentorship Programme
The Bag Factory is hosting two mentored residencies during the month of August 2013. The Mentored Residencies aim to address many of the challenges two young South African artists (ages 18 to 30) face in the production of their work and the development of their careers.
Under the guidance of David Koloane and two mentors, the mentees will be part of a controlled programme allowing for their cross discipline learning. New works on paper will be produced during this 4 week period, some of which will be selected to be shown at the FNB JHB Art Fair 2013.
The works selected will will represent a dialogue between the mentors and the mentees, expressing the Bag Factory’s “learning by exchange” ethos.
The artist must be:
– a full-time practicing visual artist
– between the age of 18 – 30 years
– available to participate in the programme at the Bag Factory from 05 Aug-09 Sept’13
What do the successful applicants receive?
– shared studio space at the Bag Factory
– an opportunity to learn from great South African Artists
– a small per Diem
– a small materials budget
– a small contribution to transport
– an opportunity to exhibit at the FNB Art Fair 2013
(if you have an accommodation requirements, arrangements can be negotiated)
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS is Monday 29 July at 5pm