Calling ALL African art directors, illustrators, 3D designers, animators, motion designers AND graphic designers: The Fak’ugesi Festival Poster Competition is BACK. Enter for a shot at having your design be the official graphic of this years festival, an hour of mentorship with a festival speaker, a profile on our site, and CASH PRIZE.
The winning design will become the star of our 2021 festival poster, a continent-wide invitation to an exciting immersive virtual experience, including workshops, screenings and exhibitions, a new virtual expo and so much more. This year is all about building: From low-code solutions and virtual goods to collaboration and the new creator economy, the boundaries have never been lower and the potential has never been higher — there are no limits to what you can build.
3 finalists will be short listed to be featured at Fak’ugesi Festival in 2021 (14 – 24 October 2021.) via press, media and an exhibition focusing on the posters of the Fak’ugesi Festival.
1 winner will become the official paid digital artist for Fak’ugesi Festival 2021 (with potentially more graphic work in the festival). The winning work and the winners creative profile will be featured through Fak’ugesi & any press, media interactions of the festival.
APPLY BY 30 JULY 2021 | WINNERS ANNOUNCED 4 August 2021.
Your submission needs to be:
- A symbol for our theme, #BuildCozYouHaveTo. Take your inspiration from our 2021 manifesto above.
- In the most standard file format, dimensions & resolution for your medium
- Suitable for as many surfaces as possible, from print to billboard screens (that means if your GIF/animation wins, we’ll need a still frame, too)
- In the 2021 Fakugesi festival colours, detailed here
- True to you, the continent, and the potential of tech-fuelled creativity